The SiS756, a HyperTransport™ to PCI-E/MuTIOL® Bridge, integrates a high performance HyperTransport™ interface for the AMD Athlon64FX processor family, the PCI-Express x 16 interface, and SiS MuTIOL® Technology, which connects with the SiS965/965L MuTIOL Media IO.
The HyperTransport™ interface of the SiS756 features HyperTransport™ compliant bus driver technology to support AMD Athlon64FX processors of up to 2000MT/s data rate.
- Supports Athlon™ 64FX CPU
- Supports HyperTransport™ technology with 8/16 links
- Supports up to 2 Gigatransfers/second HyperTransport bandwidth
- PCI Express Graphics Interface support
- Supports maximum PCI-E bandwidth of 4 GB/s in X16 configuration
- Highthroughput MuTIOL Connect Interface
- 1 GB/s MuTIOL performance in 133MHz x 4 mode
PCI Express is a new standard for I/O interconnect. It has several advantages over legacy PCI. Furthermore, it is PCI compatible in software. SiS756 integrates a X16 Host-to-PCI Express bridge that is compliant with PCI Express SPEC 1.0a. It also has lane reversal capability to provide maximum flexibility.
The SiS MuTIOL™ Technology
SiS MuTIOL™ technology is developed into three layers: the Multi-Threaded I/O Link Layer delivering 1.2 GB/s bandwidth to connect embedded DMA Master devices and external PCI masters to interface to Multi-Threaded I/O Link Layer, the Multi-Threaded I/O Link Encoder/Decoder in SiS965/965L to transfer data at 1GB/s bandwidth from/to Multi-Threaded I/O Link Layer to/from SiS756, and the Multi-Threaded I/O Link Encoder/Decoder in SiS756 to transfer data with 1GB/s from/to memory sub-system to/from the Multi-Threaded I/O Link Encoder/Decoder in the SiS965/965L