RMI's new XLR" Family of Thread Processors" offers high-throughput general purpose processing with intelligent system and functional integration for the Enterprise Market. The processor combines the power of its innovative multiprocessing, multithreaded architecture with the simplicity of an XLR-enhanced leading edge, general purpose MIPS64® machine enabling wire speed, software-driven applications across multiple platforms. As a true programmable solution it eliminates the need for microcoding or proprietary scripting. In addition, its industry-standard media interfaces provide an extensive set of connectivity options. The XLR processor family, including the XLR700, XLR500, and XLR300, is a cost-effective, single-chip solution providing a key building block for next-generation, scalable multiservice systems.
- Single-chip SoC solution capable of replacing today's cumbersome mix of proprietary NPUs, ASICs and co-processors.
- Designed to take advantage of parallelism at the macro level for network-centric traffic characterized by memory-intensive I/O
- Throughput-optimized, multithreaded XLR-enhanced MIPS64 cores with up to 32 threads or virtual CPUs provide platform versatility and efficiency
- Leading edge general purpose design with true C/C++ programming model enabling rapid application development and leverages widely available, mature development tools.
- Integrated with banked Level-2 caches, full speed high throughput interconnects, networking accelerators, security engines and an interchip messaging complex.
- Offered in a broad range of family members distinguished between connectivity options and computation capacities.